zondag 29 september 2013

Celebrating Something?

This week I stumbled on this site about Asian cuisine and this picture immediately made me crave for the delicious Chinese dim-sums which one serves with -normally only two- of these even more appetizing dip-sauces. Now, another time I will make them fresh but by chance I had some in the freezer. And they proofed to be delicious too! Here's the result:

The sauces were plain Kikkoman Soya Sauce and Sweet Chili sauce. Some carrot & coriander to go with and a splash of wasabi & soya dressing. The dumplings were: Crab Siu May, Jun GoShrimp and Shrimp in seaweed.

A marvelous starter given any day! 

Next I served my (almost to perfection) dish of Noodles with Salmon Teriyaki. Actually it is based on a Salmon 'teriyaki' with lukewarm broccoli and noodles, but I like my noodles warm & spicy and I am tired of broccoli.
For 2 you need:
The teriyaki sauce:

     25 g ginger
     1/2 red chili
     1 clove of garlic
     1/2 lime
     a dash of olive oil or peanut oil
     1/2 tablespoon honey
     1/2 dl soy sweet sauce
     1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
     1 cup beef stock or water
 


Salmon (approx. 150g/piece) 
Noodles (200g) 
Vegetables
(here red pepper, eggplant, mushrooms, you can also add cherry tomatoes,  zucchini...)  1/2 shallot, a few sprigs of fresh coriander, a dash of sweet chili sauce, a dash of sesame oil, and a pinch of salt
   

A super-easy dish that only acquires some experience in the teriyaki technique which you can see here: 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten